Winter time is a good time to plan for the upcoming season. Begin by making a list of landscape items that you want addressed. Items such as:
- Pruning of specific shrubs and trees
- Have a property inspection by a licensed and certified arborist to identify winter damage that needs pruning, cabling or removal; promoting health, beauty and safety
- Plan for new plantings such as the types of plants and locations
- If you are a gardener, plan your garden and order your seeds
- If you are planning new landscaping, this is a good time to speak with landscapers and obtain pricing. This is usually a slower time of year and companies can give you much more time and attention.
- Decide on lawn fertilization programs and establish contracts now before getting into the full swing of spring
Planning early will save a lot of headaches and possibly even a few dollars.
Once you have your list made you can systematically check off each one as it is accomplished.
Good luck and happy planning.